Today’s story is about this cruel monster called fibromyalgia.
Medically, fibromyalgia a chronic widespread pain condition. I call it “Monster F” ..because that is exactly what it has done to my life. (Click here to get a glimpse of my life before Fibromyalgia). F visited me in 2012 and like a loyal enemy it has stayed with me since then.
This deadly fibromyalgia beast comes with the following super powers-
-the damn thing is resistant to chemicals which is why no pain killer scares it.
It’s weapon is a machine gun
– full of a salty, lemony and spicy liquid that stings the entire body. It attaks every muscle, nerve and joint causing unbearable ache and burning.
It’s perpetually PMSing
– It varies its intensity every day rather every hour.
It has an invisibility cloak
– making sure others don’t see it and therefore don’t believe in it’s existence.
– In fact, its Venom gets even brutal at night making sure one gets no sleep because of its pain.
– It makes sure you suffer with it too! F binds you to your house, limiting your mobility and functionality, so that you are forced to be lonely with it
– Managing and fighting this uncouth beast on a daily basis is both mentally and physically exhausting and draining.